Please sign the petition here
Action Alert! Calling on all organizations and individuals! Action Alert!
Carolyn Hill and grandchildren
Defend the Hill family from racial, income, gender & education bias in the child welfare system! Sign the petition demanding DHS return two girls unjustly taken from their aunt who was their full time caregiver.
Not being a high school grad or having a GED must not used as a reason to remove children from their caregiver!
There is a lot at stake in this fight:
- the right of low-income people to raise children;
- the right of children, especially those who have been traumatized, to one-on-one care and the right of caregivers to answer this vital need for care;
- the right of family members to legal representation and to have standing in court; and
- holding DHS, child advocates & agencies to account before they decide to demolish families.
Your help is needed! There is much to do to win justice for these children and their carer!
What you can do:
- sign the petition and ask your organization to endorse the campaign.
- write or call DHS about the case: Commissioner Ambrose 215-683-6000 email@example.com 1515 Arch St. Philadelphia PA 19102
- write your local newspaper and let us know of media people or lawyers who can help
- show our DHS Give Us Back Our Children video to your community and invite Ms. Hill to speak or ask your university to show it. Click here to purchase video.
- come to our next demonstration, protest and meeting of DHS Give Us Back Our Children
- volunteer at the Crossroads Women’s Center and/or to accompany Ms. Hill and/or other mothers and caregivers to court or meetings.
- circulate the RISE Out of Poverty Act petition which has a provision for prioritizing resources for families over the removal of children.
- Make a donation – no amount too small or too large!
Every Mother is a Working Mother Network and DHS: Give Us Back Our Children
PO Box 11795, Phila, PA 19101 For info: 215-848-1120 Fax: 215-848-1130